City of Erie Press Parking Regulations (Updated)
ERIE, PA (May 8, 2020) – The City of Erie is updating the previous parking regulations sent out on March 13th, 2020.
Covid-19 has upended almost every normality our society has grown accustomed to, and as such, it was determined that some parking regulations needed to be augmented. However, now that we have more clarity on the situation and people will be returning to work May 8, 2020, the City of Erie feels that in order to preserve some semblance of normal and to keep our street clean and citizens safe, we will be returning to normal operating parking procedures beginning May 11, 2020.
- Metered Parking – however curbside pick-up areas will continue to be in effect through May (possibly further) to support our business owners with 20 minutes free.
- Odd/Even and Day of the Week residential parking will resume for sanitary sweeping services
- Parking Ramps Garages have remained open to monthly parkers. To start monthly parking pass, contact the Erie Parking Authority 814-456-7588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily parking is available on street. We encourage everyone to use the meterEZ Parking App.
- Erie Police will continue ticketing any and all violations of blocked driveways, handicapped parking, blocked fire hydrants or any other “safety” issue, as well as booting
“It is very important that people Stay Calm, Stay Home, and Stay Safe,” said Mayor Joe Schember. “However, it is also important that revenues come in to help continue to provide essential services for the residents in the City of Erie. We understand that many residents are feeling the burden of COVID-19, but in an effort to resume normal operations in the City of Erie’s Public Works Dept., this is necessary.”