A. Roll Call
B. Silent Meditation
C. Approval of Minutes/Bills
Register in advance for this webinar:
D. Citizens to Be Heard:On Zoom
Register in advance for this webinar:
E. ORDINANCES: FOR FINAL PASSAGE
- Council File No. 16,178 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 34-2020
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $539,636.36 from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue for the expenditure thereof. Revenue is from the FEMA Firefighter Assistance Grant for the purchase of equipment for firefighters.
ORDINANCES: FOR FIRST READING
- Council File No. 16,179
An ordinance amending Ordinance 26-1958, the Traffic Code of the City of Erie by the installation of a stop sign at one intersection. West 27th Street and Harvard Road – stopping West 27th Street.
- Council File No. 16,180
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $1,081,520.00 from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue to be received from the U.S, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the following ESG CARES (ESG19) (C2) projects.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
- A resolution sponsored by Councilwoman Allen,
Whereas Luther Manus Jr. has served our country as a sergeant in the U.S. Army; earned two degrees from Gannon University after leaving high school to serve in the Army; has counseled countless numbers of students in the Erie School District to help them achieve their dreams of going to college; has volunteered his time and talents to numerous community organizations, including the Youth Leadership Institute of Erie; and has contributed to the city of Erie’s downtown business economy as the founder of Manus Enterprises, owner of the Sunoco gas station at E. 12th and French Streets, Erie City Council proclaims October 10th as Luther Manus Jr. Day, for 2020 and for perpetuity. Erie City Council also applauds Erie Arts & Culture and artists Antonio Howard and Ceasar Westbrook for their efforts in creating a mural to honor Mr. Manus.
- A resolution to approve the Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report of the Erie Area Council of Governments (EACOG) for the Calendar Year ending December 31, 2019.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to enter into an Easement Agreement with the Erie County Convention Center Authority, 809 French Str., Erie, PA 16501. A ten (10’) feet wide Fiber Interlink Conduit Easement if proposed within the right-of-way of French Street, in accordance with Sketch-1 and Drawing No. C-107, as prepared by Urban Engineers, Inc.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to execute an Easement Agreement between the City of Erie and Marquette Savings Bank, 920 Peach Street, Erie, Pa 16501, Index (16) 3001-103, for the installation of three (3) signs projecting into the right of ways of Peach and W. 10th Streets, in compliance with the attached Engineer’s metes and bounds description and drawings.
- A resolution by the Council of the City of Erie, that the Mayor and other appropriate officials of the City of Erie, PA of Erie County hereby request a Multimodal Transportation Fund Grant of $277,084.23 from the Commonwealth Financing Authority to be used for pedestrian and traffic signal improvements at East 10th and Holland Streets. Be it Further Resolved that the Applicant does hereby designate the Director of Public Works and the Traffic Engineer as the official(s) to execute all documents and agreements between the City of Erie and the Commonwealth Financing Authority to facilitate and assist in obtaining the requested grant.
- A resolution whereas, the Federal government through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the State government through the Act 24 of 2020 legislation acknowledges that the Covid-19 pandemic has caused municipalities to make unbudgeted expenditures in order to provide for the safety of their staff and residents.
That the following amounts be transferred in Liquid Fuels
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 25,431.00||013-1291-0000-4035||Repair and Maintenance||$ 25,431.00||013-1291-0000-4078||Machinery/Equipment|
That the following amounts be transferred in Office of Personnel
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 5,000.00||002-5613-0000-4041||Professional Services||$ 5,000.00||002-0521-0000-4041||Professional Services|
- Lindy Paving, Inc. for the 2020 Curb Ramps III, Bid 1772-20, on behalf of the City of Erie at a total amount of $268,907.10.
- John H. Robinson Testing, 1319 Sassafras Street, Erie, PA 16501 for the laboratory testing services-job mix verification and disposal of chemicals for the 2020 asphalt resurfacing projects for the Bureau of Engineering for a total amount of $2,150.00.
- Bob Ferrando Ford, 8860 West Ridge Road, Girard, PA 16417 for the purchase of the 2021 F150 for the Bureau of Streets at a total cost of $25,431.00.
- Suite Kote Corp., 1911 Lorings Crossing Road, Cortland, NY 13045 for tack oil for the Bureau of Streets at a total cost of $4,347.00.
- Miller Brothers, 2111 State Street, Erie, PA 16501, for a Kawasaki replacement motor for the Bureau of Parks & Recreation at a total amount of $2,112.78.
- Cutter Equipment Company, 3710 Progress Street NE, Canton, OH 44705 for a Toro Pro Force Debris/Leaf Blower for the Department of Public Works in the amount of $6,995.00.
- Coil Company, P.O. Box 84, Thornton, PA 19331 for replacement steam distributing coils for the City Hall heating system for the Bureau of Public Buildings at a total amount of $18,552.00.
- Ace Viking, 2222 East 30th Street, Erie, PA 16510 for the replacement motor for the #1 Drainage Pump at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,900.00.
- National Vacuum, 6389 Inducon Drive West Sanborn, NY 14132 for cleaning of Boiler #2 Breeching at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,750.00.
- HACH, PO Box 608 Loveland, OH 80539-0608 for the purchase of HACH AS950 sampler to replace a failed unit at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $4,646.40.
- CHEMTRAC, 1555 Oakbrook Drive Suite 100, Norcross GA 30093 for the purchase of a Total Residual Chlorine Analyzer to replace a failed unit laboratory & plant staff at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $4,270.00.
- Hanes Supply, Inc., 55 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo, NY 14206 for the purchase of 300 safety vests for multiple departments for the Department of Risk Management at a cost of $5,400.00.
- Five Star International, 6100 Wattsburg Road, Erie, PA 16509 for the emergency purchase of a turbo kit and control valve for Engine 8 for the Bureau of Fire at a total cost of $3,120.29.
- Five Star International, 6100 Wattsburg Road, Erie, PA 16509 for the emergency purchase of a turbo and turbo core for Engine 8 for the Bureau of Fire at a total cost of $2,501.00.
- Five Star International, 6100 Wattsburg Road, Erie, PA 16509 for the emergency purchase to replace low and high temperature EGR cooler for Engine 8 for the Bureau of Fire at a total cost of $2,573.21.
- Fire-Fly Fire Equipment Sales, Inc., 9525 Franklin Center Road, Cranesville, PA 16410 for a pump controller for Engine 11 for the Bureau of Fire at a total cost of $3,649.00.
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
*This will be a Zoom meeting.
City Council will conduct a virtual Public Hearing regarding the PennDOT Bayfront Parkway Plan on Thursday, September 24th at 5:30 p.m. Specific information regarding the hearing will be available on the City of Erie website at cityof.erie.pa.us