Erie City Council will conduct a Council Meeting, Public Hearing, and Finance Briefing via Zoom October 7, at 8:30 a.m. Residents can watch the live stream on the City of Erie’s YouTube Page, Channel 1024, and Channel 1071. After the meeting has concluded, on all social media platforms.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Oct 7, 2020 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: City Council Meeting – Morning SessionsRegister in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF WEDNESDAY October 7, 2020
AT 9:00 A.M.
A. Roll Call
B. Silent Meditation
C. Approval of Minutes/Bills
D. Citizens to Be Heard:On Zoom
E. ORDINANCES: FOR FINAL PASSAGE
- Council File No. 16,179 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 35-2020
An ordinance amending Ordinance 26-1958, the Traffic Code of the City of Erie by the installation of a stop sign at one intersection. West 27th Street and Harvard Road – stopping West 27th Street.
- Council File No. 16,180 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 36-2020
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $1,081,520.00 from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue to be received from the U.S, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the following ESG CARES (ESG19) (C2) projects.
ORDINANCES: FOR FIRST READING
- Council File No. 16,181
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $149,753.00 from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue and providing for the expenditure thereof.
CIVILIAN INTEL ANALYST PCCD-JAG
F. OLD BUSINESS
- Pursuant to the provisions of Zoning Ordinance 80-2005 and the proper legal advertising, Erie City Council will hold a Public hearing at approximately 9:30 A.M. on October 7, 2020 via Zoom during the City Council meeting to hear testimony to discuss a proposed amendment to the Zoning Ordinance. The proposed ordinance is regarding after-hours and dance clubs relating to definitions and terms, clarifications and regulations.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the City Solicitor to prepare an ordinance closing
and vacating of the southern portion of an existing alleyway adjacent to 950 and 954 West 23rd Street and touching back property line of 2223 and 2209 Cascade Street at the request submitted by adjacent property owners and the unanimous recommendation of the Planning Commission and forward to City Council for proper action.
G. NEW BUSINESS
- A resolution sponsored by Councilwoman Schaaf that Whereas the topic of short-term rentals is an issue for municipalities across the nation.
Whereas Erie City Council wishes to pursue the idea of collecting revenue through licensing and permits of established dwellings wishing to pursue sharing their homes.
Whereas Council wishes to have the Erie City Planning members move forward to establish guidelines for a possible short-term rental ordinance.
Whereas Erie City Council will vote on the short-term rental guidelines/ordinance in the future.
Whereas this process is going through the newly merged planning department to the Erie City Planning Commission.
- A resolution by Mr. Brennan that Ms. Andrea Zdaniewski of 5834 Clinton St Erie, PA16509 be re-appointed to a second term to the Erie Regional Airport Authority for a five (5) year term. Ms. Zdaniewski’s term will expire December 31, 2025.
- A resolution by Mr. Witherspoon that Mr. Doug Mitchell of 3621 Beech Ave, Erie, PA 16508 to be re-appointed to the Sewer Authority Board for a five (5) year term. Mr. Mitchell’s term will expire December 31, 2025.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the Mayor and City Controller to allow the Department (PennDOT) to file this application on behalf of the City of Erie and authorize the Department (PennDOT) to issue Notice to Proceed letters to the railroad for design
Whereas PennDOT is preparing for Bayfront Parkway Improvements at State Street Holland Street
And whereas this may be the final official approval required on the project by City
Council, other than any maintenance agreements required by PennDOT upon project completion,
And whereas City Council desires to be included in review of alternatives and have input on decisions through the final design of the project, as per PennDOT policies.
And whereas the project requires coordination with the railroad (CSXT Inc.) at the below grade crossing where SR 4034 (Bayfront Parkway) intersects State Street above a single track of CSXT Inc. (938 230 V) and the at grade crossing where Holland Street
crosses the single track of CSXT, Inc. (524 153 C) in the City of Erie, Erie County,
And whereas PennDOT is filing an application with the PA Public Utility Commission PUC for the approval to abolish and remove these crossings,
City Council is to be included in the two newly formed peer review committees on the
project and will be included on the Project Advisory Committee.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the Mayor and other appropriate City officials to amend the agreement between the City of Erie and Mullin & Lonergan Associates, Inc., for professional services. The amendment will include up to $10,000.00 in funding for technical services relating to the CARES Act.
- A resolution authorizing the Mayor and other appropriate City Officials to execute the necessary agreements with sub-recipients to carry out the following ESG CARES
(ESG19) (C2) projects:
516-5017-2019-4750 GECAC-Grant Related Expend $ 471,802.00
516-5114-2019-4750 SafenetHosp. House Grant Related Expend $ 43,779.00
516-5127-2019-4750 Community Shelter Grant Related Expend $ 45,540.00
516-5128-2019-4750 St. Patrick’s Haven Grant Related Expend $ 35,843.00
516-5130-2019-4750 City Mission Grant Related Expend $ 266,080.00
516-5131-2019-4750 The Refuge Grant Related Expend $ 69,163.00
516-5132-2019-4750 Mercy Center for Women Grant Related Expend $ 48,461.00
- A resolution that the proposed repository sale of the property commonly known as 1047 East 5th Street, Erie, PA and identified by Erie County Tax Index Number 14-010-036.0-104.00 by the Erie County Tax Claim Bureau to Brian Burke, 1043 Ease 5th Street, Erie, PA in the amount of $250.00 be hereby approved.
That the following amounts be transferred in CDBG Cares
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 10,000.00||511-1251-2019-4102||Admin||$ 10,000.00||511-1251-0000-4041||Professional Services|
That the following amounts be transferred in Liquid Fuels
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 50,000.00||013-1291-0000-4035||Repair & Maintenance||$ 50,000.00||013-1291-0000-4075||Bridges & Streets|
- Multicultural Community Resource Center, 554 E 10th St. Erie, PA, USCRI-Erie, 517 E. 26th St., Erie, PA, LanguageLine Solutions, 1 Lower Ragsdale Dr., Bldg. 2, Monterey, CA 93940, for language access for the Mayor’s Office at a unit prices per each contract.
- Trane U.S. Inc., 45 Earhart Drive, Suite 103, Buffalo, NY 14221-7809 for the labor, material and travel costs for the Coil Replacement for City Hall for the Bureau of Public Buildings at an amount of $66,100.00.
- Dave Hallman Chevrolet, 1925 State Street, Erie, PA 16501, for one (1) 2020 Equinox AWD for the Department of Public Works at a cost of $24,295.00.
- Coleman & Co., P.C., 2415 West Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA for the audit of DCED contract C000069622 for the purchase of a fire truck at a total amount of $3,000.00.
- GovConnection, Inc., 732 Milford Road, Merrimack, NH 03054 for hardware to add to the file system backups for the Office of Computer Services at a total cost of $14,798.43.
- Hach Company, PO Box 389 5600 Lindbergh Drive, Loveland, CO 80539-0389 for an emergency purchase of a Hach SC200 Controller to replace a malfunctioning unit at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,665.87.
- Ace Viking Company, 2222 East 30th St., Erie, PA 16510 for the purchase of a replacement 20 HP motor for #2 structural drainage pump at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,260.00.
- Andrews Glass Company, 3740 NW Blvd. Vineland, NJ 08360 for a purchase of a Cyanide Distillation Console for use in the laboratory at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $6,457.17.
- Electric Repair Technology, 922 ½ Bacon Street Erie, PA 16511 for repair of the #2 Incinerator Scrubber Water Pump at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $4,265.00.
- 84 Lumber Company, 8129 Crile Road, Painesville, OH 44077 for an emergency purchase of building materials to enclose the East Polymer Tank at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $4,491.27.
- Filtech, 221 West 8th Ave., West Homestead, PA 15120 for a purchase of air filters for plant-wide replacement in all HVAC at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,860.57.
- Jodie O’Connor, 4827 Homeland Blvd., Erie, PA 16509 for the operation of a youth golf clinic at J.C Martin Golf Course throughout the summer in the amount of $4,556.85.
- Vasco Sports Contractors, 4270 Sterilite Street SE, Massilon, OH 44646 for the Bayview Park Basketball Park crackfill for the Bureau of Parks in the amount of $2,487.00.
- Fire-Fly Fire Equipment Sales, Inc., 9525 Franklin Center Road, Cranesville, PA 16410 for an Akron Brass Steam Master Monitor Control Station for the water pump for the Bureau of Fire at a total amount of $3,500.00.
- Boetger Retirement Plan Services, 3 Holland Street, Erie, PA 16507 for the preparation of the Actuarial Valuation Report of Postretirement Benefits, for the Department of Administration and Finance at a total amount of $6,750.00.
- Gerlach’s Garden & Power Equipment, Inc., 3161 West 32nd Street, Erie, PA 16506 for Seeding/Crown Vetch for the Bayfront Connector/Buffalo Road Bridge for the Bureau of Parks at a total amount of $2,950.00.
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
*This will be a Zoom meeting.
**The hearing is open to the public and the link for registration to participate
will be available on the City of Erie website at cityof.erie.pa *** A Finance meeting will be held following the City Council meeting.