AT 7:30 P.M.
A. Roll Call
B. Silent Meditation
C. Approval of Minutes/Bills
D. Citizens to Be Heard: On Zoom
E. ORDINANCES: FOR FINAL PASSAGE
- Council File No. 16,181 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 37-2020
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $149,753.00 from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue and providing for the expenditure thereof.
CIVILIAN INTEL ANALYST PCCD-JAG
ORDINANCES: FOR FIRST READING
- Council File No. 16,182
An ordinance amending the Codified Ordinances of the City of Erie Part One-Administrative Code, Title Seven – Employment Provisions; Pensions, Article 149, Firefighters’ Pension Fund by amending Section 149.01(g) regarding who serves on the Board of Managers.
- Council File No. 16,183
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $190,000.00 from unappropriated and anticipated received from a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Greenway, Trails and Recreation Program Grant for the McClelland Park Improvement Project Phase 3.
- Council File No. 16,184
An ordinance in accordance with the 2020 City of Erie budget the sum of $2,500,000.00 is appropriated from unappropriated and unanticipated revenue. This amount is received by the City of Erie from the Erie Water Works as part of the lease prepayment transaction.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
- A resolution sponsored by Councilman Brennan that
Whereas, the history and heritage of the City of Erie are important to our community’s identify, culture, and uniqueness; and
Whereas historic buildings, sites, landscapes, and neighborhoods contribute to economic vitality, sense of place, and quality of life in the City of Erie; and
Whereas, the City of Erie has adopted ordinances, policies, and programs designed to preserve and enhance these important historic assets; and
Whereas, to serve our residents, property owners, and visitors to our community, the City of Erie strives to implement these programs according to best practices and wishes to take advantage of the technical and financial resources available to do so; and
Whereas, the City Council and the Mayor unilaterally created the Historic Preservation Taskforce by resolution on March 20, 2019 to study, analyze, and develop a historic preservation plan for the City of Erie that will identify community supported goals for historic preservation, identify policy recommendations, funding opportunities, that will be presented to the Planning Commission; and
Whereas, the Historic Preservation Taskforce has identified that the Certified Local Government program is an important step to meet the City’s identified goals; and
Whereas, the Certified Local Government program administered by the Pennsylvania State historic Preservation Office in partnership with the National Parks Service will provide the City of Erie with necessary tools and resources to sustain preservation efforts.
Now, Therefore, Be it Resolved that the City Council of the City of Erie hereby authorize the Mayor to submit an application for participation in the Certified Local Government program to the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office and, if approved, execute all necessary agreements required for participation on behalf of the City of Erie.
- A resolution sponsored by Councilman Brennan that
Whereas the City of Erie has adopted ordinances, policies, and programs designed to preserve and enhance these important historic assets; and
Whereas, to implement these programs according to best practices and wishes to take advantage of the technical and financial resources available through the Certified Local
Government Program; and
Whereas, the City Council and the Mayor endorsed Historic Preservation Taskforce has recommended that internal staff resources to effectively start a historic preservation program on behalf of the City will need to be supplemented; and
Whereas the Historic Preservation Taskforce has identified that the Certified Local Government grant program will assist with building staff and review commission capacity to effectively administer and promote the City’s preservation program; and
Whereas, the Certified Local Government grant request in the amount of $25,000 is needed to help with startup funds and that the City is committed to match the funding with up to an additional $53,000 to cover the cost of professional support to launch and administer the City’s preservation program.
Now, Therefore, Be it Resolved that the City Council of the City of Erie hereby authorize the Department of Planning and Neighborhood Resources to submit an application for a Certified Local Government grant to the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office and, if approved, execute all necessary agreements required for participation on behalf of the City of Erie.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the Mayor and City Controller to allow the Department (PennDOT) to file this application on behalf of the City of Erie and authorize the Department (PennDOT) to issue Notice to Proceed letters to the railroad for design
Whereas PennDOT is preparing for Bayfront Parkway Improvements at State Street and Holland Street,
And whereas this may be the final official approval required on the project by City
Council, other than any maintenance agreements required by PennDOT upon project completion,
And whereas City Council desires to be included in review of alternatives and have input on decisions through the final design of the project, as per PennDOT policies.
And whereas the project requires coordination with the railroad (CSXT Inc.) at the below grade crossing where SR 4034 (Bayfront Parkway) intersects State Street above a single track of CSXT Inc. (938 230 V) and the at grade crossing where Holland Street
crosses the single track of CSXT, Inc. (524 153 C) in the City of Erie, Erie County,
And whereas PennDOT is filing an application with the PA Public Utility Commission PUC for the approval to abolish and remove these crossings,
City Council is to be included in the two newly formed peer review committees on the
project and will be included on the Project Advisory Committee.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to accept the donation of two (2) Lift buses from the EMTA, 127 East 14th Street, Erie, PA 16503. These vehicles will be used for the Police Athletic League (PAL) Program, to transport students to field trips, and to and from school to the Boys and Girls Club for the PAL After School Program. Officers who participate in the PAL Program will be trained on the operation of the vehicles.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to enter into the Addendum 1 to Sarah A. Reed Retirement Center, d/b/a/ Sarah Reed Senior Living PILOT Agreement dated December 1996 which addendum has a revised Exhibit A.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to authorize Attorney David J. Rhodes to execute a Stipulation to Settle and Discontinue a lawsuit on behalf of the City of Erie, which was reached between the parties resolving the disputes currently at Docket No. 13025-2018 with regard to the taxable property owned by LECOM at Presque Isle, Inc.
- A resolution authorizing and directing the proper City officials to authorize to enter into a License and Management Agreement between the Erie-Western Pennsylvania Port Authority. The City of Erie and Our West Bayfront to permit public improvements referred to in the Bayview Park Phase 2 Masterplan construction, said plan is attached to the License and Maintenance Agreement, which is attached hereto. The term of this Agreement is for five (5) years, shall begin September 24, 2020 and end September 23, 2025, and may be renewed for an additional five (5) year term upon written consent of the Port Authority.
That the following amounts be transferred in Community Development Block Grant
Transferred from: Transferred to:
- FARO Technologies, Inc., PO Box 116908, Atlanta, GA 30368-for a one (1) year Maintenance and Software License Agreement for the FARO Focus 3D Laser Scanner from 9-15-20 thru 9-14-21, for the Bureau of Police at a total amount of $7,648.50.
- Zelenkofski Axelrod LLC,3800 McKnight East Drive, Suite 3805, Pittsburgh, PA 15237, for a three (3) year contract to provide Auditing Services for the Finance Office at the following prices $76,500 – 2021/$78,030 – 2022/$79,590 – 2022.
- City of Erie and Erie Redevelopment Authority, for the Housing Rehab Program to increase the contract amount by $140,000.00 from $60,000.00 to $200,000.00.
- Johnson Real Estate Properties, LLC, Commercial Façade Renovation Grant. Funds will be available from a CDBG Incentive Grant Financial Assistance program for property owners for an amount not to exceed $46,000.00.
- Washtronics, for a new heater for the car wash for the Bureau of Streets a cost of $5,467.00.
- West End Hardware, 1912 Liberty Street, Erie, PA 16502 for plow blade hardware needed for the winter season for the Bureau of Streets at a cost of $4,200.00.
- Chemung Supply, PO Box 527 Elmira, NY 14902, for plow blades needed for the winter season in the Bureau of Streets at a cost of $19,585.00.
- Best Buy, 6650 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509 for five (5) Lenovo Touch-Screen Laptops for the Office of Computer Services at a total amount of $4,249.95.
- Zones LLC, PO Box 34740, Seattle, WA 98124-1740 for replacement batteries for the battery backup systems located in the server racks at City Hall and the Wastewater Treatment Plant for the Office of Computer services at a total amount of $5,414.49.
- Shaffer Technology, 1001 State Street, Suite 1400 Erie, PA 16501 for a one (1) year renewal support of Laserfiche software used for document management by various departments for the Office of Computer Services at a total amount of $6,930.00.
- Plyler Entry Systems, 8850 Fry Road, McKean, PA 16426 to furnish and install one (1) flush stucco embossed steel exterior overhead door and one (1) LiftMaster light duty commercial drawbar operator door opener for the Bureau of Police Bomb Squad Operations area at the Municipal Garage for a total amount of $3,503.00. (Funds for this purchase are from the 2018-19 donation to the Police Department from the Knights of St. George).
- DME Forensics, 17301 West Colfax Avenue, Suite 400, Golden, CO 80401 for the annual license renewal fee for the DVR Software Examiner, for the annual license renewal fee for the DVR Software Examiner, for the period of 12/1/2021 – 11/30/2021 at a total amount of $2,695.00.
- Kiva, 983 Mission Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 for services to be rendered and tools and resources to be provided in the launch of Kiva Erie Hub and becoming the Erie Hub for the Bureau of Economic and Community Development at a total cost of $5,000.00 .
- RCI Electrical Systems LLC, 10250 Tiger Lily Lane, Waterford, PA 16441 for the installation of a pole base at West 6th Street at Sassafras Street, for the Department of Public Works, City of Erie at a total cost of $4,000.00
- Thayer Power and Communication Line Construction Co., LLC, 12345 Worthington Rd NW, Pataskata, OH 43062 for a pole replacement at West 26th Street & Cherry Street, for the Department of Public Works, City of Erie at a total cost of $5,855.00.
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
Register in advance for this City Council Meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.