Voting early is easy, convenient, and flexible.
In this election, there are more ways to vote than ever!
The three options are:
▪ Vote via Mail-in Ballot
▪ Vote in-person between now and the Election, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Erie County Voter Registration Office, Room 112.
▪ Vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, at your polling place from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In order to make sure your mail ballot is counted, you must:
▪ Complete your entire ballot in black ink, being sure to completely fill each oval.
▪ Seal your ballot inside the smaller secrecy envelope provided, then place that in the larger return envelope. If you don’t place the ballot in the secrecy envelope first, it will not count.
▪ Sign and complete the Voter Declaration on the back of the larger return envelope.
To request, complete, and submit your mail-in ballot
▪ The deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot is October 27th by 5:00 PM. However, that may be too late to actual receive your ballot and return it given that it may take 10 days for your ballot to arrive.
▪ Vote By Mail – To return your ballot via USPS, ballots must be postmarked by November 3.
▪ Drop off your ballot at our county drop box, located right here in front of the Erie County Courthouse by November 3.
▪ Drop off your ballot in-person at the Erie County Voter Registration Office inside the County Court House, Room 112. If you cannot drop off your ballot in-person, the person who brings it in must complete aform and bring it with them. Or someone can put your ballot in the drop box for you.
▪ If you apply for a mail-in ballot and decide to vote in-person on Election Day, you must bring your ballot, secrecy envelope, and return envelope with you to your polling place. Your mail-in ballot will be voided by an election official, and you can vote in-person.
Full details are available at https://eriecountypa.gov/departments/elections-voting/ .
Here you can find directions on in-person voting on Election Day, and you can click the Registration and Voting tab for directions on how to request and return ballots as well as the forms to complete. If you need additional information, you can call 451-6275.