AT 7:30 P.M.
A. Roll Call
B. Silent Meditation
C. Approval of Minutes/Bills
D. Public Comments: On Zoom
E. ORDINANCES: FOR FINAL PASSAGE
- Council File No. 16,197 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 2-2021
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $14,500.00 from unappropriated and anticipated revenue and providing for the expenditure thereof.
- Council File No. 16,198 Pending Official File Ordinance No. 3-2021
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $786,470.00 from unappropriated and anticipated revenue to be received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the following CDBG CARES (CD19(C) projects.
ORDINANCES: FOR FIRST READING
- Council File No. 16,199
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $ 336,500.00 from unappropriated and anticipated revenue to provide for the expenditure thereof for the Construction of Downtown Erie, PA Stormwater Green Infrastructure Project, US EPA Grant Lake Restoration Initiative, Grant No. 00E02812.
- Council File No. 16,200
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $250,000.00 from unappropriated and anticipated revenue to provide for the expenditure thereof for the Construction of Downtown Streetscape Improvements, ECGRA Mission Main Street.
- Council File No. 16,201
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $ 73,000.00 from unappropriated and anticipated revenue to provide for the expenditure thereof for the Construction of Perry Square Electrical Improvements, Perry Square Alliance.
- Council File No. 16,202
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $15,000.00 to be received from the National League of Cities Institute. This grant is made available through the City Innovation Ecosystems Program with the purpose of providing support in the implementation of the KIVA commitment, which is a local platform for micro lending to serve potential entrepreneurs without access to traditional finance.
F. OLD BUSINESS
Pursuant to the provisions of Zoning Ordinance No. 80-2005 and the proper legal advertising the City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday January 20, 2021 at approximately 8:00 p.m. Via ZOOM to consider a request for:
1. A proposed amendment to Zoning Ordinance 80-2005 relating to Historic Resource Protection regarding definitions, purpose and guidelines to establish a Historic Preservation Overlay District and creating a Historic Review Commission.
2. A request for Waterfront Conditional Use submitted by PE Real Estate Holdings, LLC for construction of a 10 unit, 3 story Multiple Family Dwelling located at 946 West 2nd Street, (parcel ID 4038-114) the property being located in the WR Waterfront Residential district.
3. A request for Waterfront Conditional Use submitted by PE Real Estate Holdings, LLC for construction of a 9 unit, 3-story Multiple Family Dwelling located at 824-828 West 2nd Street, (parcel ID 4039-206,207) the property being located in the WR Waterfront Residential district.
G. NEW BUSINESS
- A resolution sponsored by Council member Kathleen Schaaf proposed to the city taxpayers for the year 2021 that the property tax at 2 percent discount will be satisfied if paid on or before April 30, 2021. Tax at face amount will be satisfied if paid on or before July 31, 2021. Tax at 10 percent penalty will occur if paid on or after August 1, 2020. We as a council realize these are unprecedented times. This will provide a small assistance to our taxpaying citizens for this 2021 and enable them the incentive of paying earlier than later. This resolution comes after much discussion and evaluation of our finances. We as a city council affirm that these are difficult times. We do not know what 2021 will bring but know that we as a governing council body need to continue to pay the bills of the City and continue to have services for our citizens of Erie Pa.
- A resolution sponsored by Council member Mel Witherspoon authorizing and directing the proper City Officials to designate the alleyway behind Erie News Now as “Gary Drapcho Way” in honor of his service and dedication and continued support to the sports community of the City of Erie.
That the following amounts be transferred in ___ _ ESG Cares_____________________
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$69,311.00||516-5017-0-2019-4750||GECAC-Grant Rel Exp||$69,311.00||516-5130-2019-4750||City Mission Grant Rel Exp|
- Paradign IT Group, 163 West 14th Street, Erie PA 16501 for the Annual Investment Payment for Free Public Wi-Fi in Op Zones for the City of Erie at a total cost of $30,000.00 for the next ten (10) years.
- ESG CARES (ESG19)(C) projects:
511-5014-2019-4750 BTW Center-Grant Related Expend $ 60,000.00
511-5015-2019-4750 MLK Center-Grant Related Expend $ 40,000.00
511-5016-2019-4750 JFK Center- Grant Related Expend $ 8,141.00
511-5017-2019-4750 GECAC- Grant Related Expend $350,000.00
511-5045-2019-4750 US Committee for R&I-Grant Rel. Expend $ 56,742.00
511-5119-2019-4750 UECDC-Grant Related Expend $ 60,000.00
511-5130-2019-4750 City Mission-Grant Related Expend $ 62,624.00
511-5138-2019-4750 St. Martin Center-Grant Related Expend $ 50,000.00
- ESG CARES funds:
Between the City of Erie and the City Mission in which the City will make available to City Mission additional ESG CARES funds in the amount of $69,311.00 to assist in the community’s response to and recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
- Enterprise Zone Loan Review Committee:
Amount Term Fee
AKD Properties, LLC $70,875.00 15 Years $354.38
- Techworx, 2618 Sigsbee Street, Erie, PA 16508 for one (1) year renewal support of the City’s Sonic Wall firewall for the Office of computer Services at a cost of $2,288.99.
- B&H Photo, 420 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001 for two (2) Nikon cameras and four (4) Nikon speed lights, for use in the ID Unit for the Bureau of Police at a total cost of $2,687.76.
- PA Chiefs of Police Association, 3905 North Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110 for the annual maintenance agreements for the Livescan/CPIN Systems for the fingerprint and mugshot equipment, for the Bureau of Police at a total amount of $6,500.00.
- American Red Cross Training Services, 25688 Network Place, Chicago, IL 6063-126 for 173 police officers to be certified in Adult First Aid/CPR/AED, which is a requirement of their quarterly training and certifications for the Bureau of Police at a total cost of $5,190.00.
- Signal Service, Inc., 1020 Andrew Drive, West Chester, PA 19380, for ten (10) six channel and ten (10) 12-channel conflict monitors, for the Department of Public Works at a total cost of $9,540.00.
- Traffic Products, 28 N. Bacton Hill Road, Malvern, PA 19355 for ten (10) 16-channel conflict monitors for the Department of Public Works at a total cost of $6,400.00.
- Ace Viking Electrical & Mechanical Service Co. Inc., 2222 East 30th street, Erie, PA 16510 to rebuild the Penthouse blower at a total cost of $6,175.00.
- Process & Data Automation, 5451 Merwin Lane Suite 100, Erie, PA 16510 for the professional service contract for the 2021 Engineering & service of the SCADA System at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $35,000.00.
- KoneCranes, 310 Parkway Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 for the service contract for mandatory annual safety inspections of all Overhead Cranes & quarterly inspections of the Chlorine Room hoist at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,650.00.
- Gilson Engineering/MSA Safety, 525 Rochester Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 for the annual Chlorine Alarm Sensor Exchange Program at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $4,200.00.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2575 Interstate Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9332 for the renewal of the Annual Laboratory Certification of Accreditation the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $3,000.00.
- NWL, 312 Rising Sun Road, Bordentown, NJ 08505 for Emergency field service work on the WET Electrostatic Precipitator Units (WESP) the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $10,000.00.
- Monitoring Solutions, Inc., 4404 Gulon Road, Indianapolis, IN 46254 for CEMDAS Software Support Agreement for the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) units the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $7,391.00.
- David Milano Construction, LLC, 2202 Zimmerly Road, Erie, PA 16506 for materials only to install drains at Yacht Club Road for the Bureau of Sewers at a total amount of $2,575.81.
- Ace Viking, 2222 East 30th Street Erie, PA 16510 for the purchase of a 2 HP Myers Grinder Pump & Appurtenances for the Arlington Lift Station at the Bureau of Sewers at a total amount of $4,373.00.
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
* This will be a Zoom meeting.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.