AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF WEDNESDAY October 20, 2021
AT 7:30 P.M.
A. Roll Call
B. Silent Meditation
C. Approval of Minutes/Bills
Presentation: City Council Member Kathy Schaaf to Empower Erie
Requests for Repository Sales
D. Public Comments:
E. ORDINANCES: FOR FINAL PASSAGE
- Council File No. 16,247
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $ 500.00 from appropriated and anticipated revenue from the Erie Strayer Co.
ORDINANCES: FOR FIRST READING
- Council File No. 16,248
An ordinance appropriating the sum of $ 200.00 from appropriated and anticipated revenue from Valu Home Center for the Erie Fire Department.
- Council File No. 16,249
An ordinance of the City establishing Stormwater Management Fees within the City of Erie.
WHEREAS, the City of Erie, pursuant to authority conferred under the Pennsylvania Stormwater Management Act, Act of October 4, 1978, P.L 864 (no. 167), as amended, and the Pennsylvania Planning Code, Act 247 of 1968, enacted Ordinance No. 25-1998 on May 26, 1998, entitled Stormwater Management, as Article 945 of the Codified Ordinances; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to the Pennsylvania Stormwater Management Act, the County of Erie on February 11, 2011 adopted the Stormwater Management Plan; and
WHEREAS, the Stormwater Management Plan was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection on March 25, 2011; and
WHEREAS, the City of Erie desires to establish fair and equitable user charges to assure that each developed parcel receiving or benefitting from Stormwater management services within the City of Erie will pay its proportionate share of the costs of operation, maintenance, repair, regulatory compliance, administration, replacement and improvement related to the Stormwater management system and Stormwater services provided or paid for by the City of Erie.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
- A resolution authorizing and directing that the Proper City Officials to execute a Quit Claim Deed conveying the vacant lot located at the North East corner of East 8th and Hess Streets, more commonly known as parcel bearing Erie County Index No. 14-011-0010-13400 to the Erie Redevelopment Authority.
- A resolution authorizing and directing that the Proper City Officials to enter into an agreement between the City of Erie and the Police Athletic League whereby the City will make available funds up to $20,000.00 for the purpose of implementing the youth program which is detailed in the Fiscal Year 2021 CDBG plan.
- A resolution authorizing and directing that the Mayor and City Controller to accept the award of the Garrison Run Litter Traps Projects for Lake Erie. This is between the City of Erie and the US Environmental Protection Agency for the construction of a crate-style mobile trap and litter boom in Garrison Run. The total amount of the Grant to the Municipality is $309,300.00.
- A resolution authorizing and directing that the Proper City Officials to execute an Easement Agreement between the City of Erie and the Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority (EMTA), in compliance with the attached City Engineer’s metes and bounds description locating a bus shelter in the East 6th Street right-of-way.
That the following amounts be transferred in the Dept. of Finance, American Rescue Act Funds
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$4,500,000.00||036-2000-0000-5050||ARP Act Expenditures||$4,500,000.00||036-2055-0000-5055||Infrastructure Sewer Projects|
That the following amounts be transferred in the Byrne Grant (CBCR)
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 2,586.00||353-1251-0000-4011||Salaries||$ 49,742.45||353-1353-0000-4011||Salaries|
|1,000.00||353-1353-0000-4039||Consumable Items||1,000.00||353-1353-0000-4031||Office Supplies|
|$ 54,546.00||$ 54,546.00|
That the following amounts be transferred in the Sewer Revenue Funds
Transferred from: Transferred to:
|$ 5,000.00||007-0771-0000-4039||Consumable Items||$ 5,000.00||007-0771-0000-4024||Tool Allowance/Uniforms|
|500.00||007-0771-0000-4013||Seasonal Wages||500.00||007-0771-0000-4024||Tool Allowance/Uniforms|
- Fire Force, Inc., 779 Pittsburgh Road, Butler, PA 16002 for the Fire SCBA Plan for the Bureau of Fire at a total cost of $687,000.00.
- Amtruck Limited, 1920 Yonge Street, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M4S 3E2 for the emergency purchase of two (2) Refuse Compactor Trucks for the Department of Public Works, for $198,000.00 at a total amount of $396,000.00.
- Revels Turf and Tractor, LLC, 301 Water Street, Wadsworth, OH 44281 for a John Deere Utility Tractor for the Department of Public Works at a cost of $23,155.79.
- Empire Snow Management, 10860 Donation Rd., Erie, PA 16441 for the 2021 Curb Ramps III Project for the Bureau of Engineering in the amount of $159,923.50.
- Empire Snow Management, 10860 Donation Rd., Erie, PA 16441 for the Change Order #1 for the 2021 Curb Ramps I Project for the Bureau of Engineering Original Contract $57,583.25, Change Order $ 31,413.99 Final Contract $88,997.24.
- Joseph McCormick Construction Co., 3340 Pearl Avenue, Box 176, Erie, PA 16512 for Frontier Lumber Asphalt Replacement for the Bureau of Engineering at a total amount of $36,336.53.
- Hawk Analytics, 2652 FM 407 Suite 215-E, Bartonville, TX 76226 for Agency CellHawk (12mth) Software Subscription and Cellular Technology, Mapping and Analysis Training for the Bureau of Police a total amount of $6,890.50.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse, 2075 Interchange Road, Erie, PA 16506, for the purchase of fishing poles and tackle boxes for the PAL fishing program for the Bureau of Police, funded by the PA Fish and Boat Commission at a total amount of $13,388.00.
- Championship Awards, 4135 West 26th St, Erie, PA 16506 for trophies, plaques and medals for Spoon’s Summer Basketball League as part of the Erie’s Summer Recreation Program at an amount of $5,217.00.
- JM Standard, Inc., 2103 East 33rd Street, Erie, PA 16510 for the repair of the Shaft for the Ash Slurry Pump at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $2,800.00.
- National Vacuum, 6389 Inducon Drive, West Sanborn, NY 14132 for the cleaning of Boiler #1 Breeching at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a total amount of $3.986.00.
- A&H Equipment, 620 West Beaver Street, Zelienople, PA 16063 for the purchase of Rodder Pump Assembly for Sewer Collection Vactor Truck #1974 for the Bureau of Sewers at the total amount of $17,161.85.
- Environmental Coordination Services and Recycling, Inc., 3237 US Highway 19, Cochranton, PA 16314 for tipping fees for the Electronic Recycling Event on 9/25/21 for the Bureau of Refuse at a cost of $19,450.60.
- Revels Turf and Tractor, LLC, 301 Water Street, Wadsworth, OH 44281 for a Turf Aerator with Hitch for the Department of Public Works, Parks at a cost of $11,080.00.
- Definiti, 2201 Timberloch Place, Ste.150, The Woodlands, TX 77380 for the preparation of the Actuarial Valuation Report of Postretirement Benefits, other than Pensions for the Police, Fire and Non-Uniformed Plans for the Department of Administration and Finance at a total amount of $6,750.00.
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
* Citizens are welcome to attend the City Council meeting in person. The meeting will also be available via ZOOM (Register online at Cityof.erie.pa.us)
Residents can watch the live stream on the City of Erie’s YouTube Page (@CityofEriePennsylvania), Channel 1071 Community Access Media, the City of Erie’s Website, and after the meeting has concluded, on all social media platforms.
Please note, channel 1024 (local government access channel) will not be available due to upgrades until further notice.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
Topic: City Council Meeting – Night Sessions
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.