The City of Erie’s Love Your Block team is kicking off the Summer LYB Project initiative with neighborhood cleanups.
- Saturday, May 6, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Lakeside neighborhood. Meet at Edison Elementary School parking lot, 1921 E. Lake Road.
- Saturday, May 13, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. East Bayfront neighborhood. Meet at the vacant lot at the corner of East Sixth and Parade streets.
Anyone who needs community service hours or simply wants to be more involved in their community can join the volunteer cleanup teams by completing an online registration for each event, below. Supplies (vests, gloves, trash bags) will be provided for each cleanup.
- Lakeside Neighborhood Cleanup: https://www.erie.pa.us/lakeside
- East Bayfront Neighborhood Cleanup: https://www.erie.pa.us/eastbayfront
Love Your Block connects neighbors to information, resources, and to one another to help envision and build a stronger, safer, healthier Erie. Mini-grants are offered to residents (renters and homeowners, with no income requirement) to address exterior home repairs, front yard landscaping, and larger community projects.
Love Your Block returns this summer to the East Avenue/Pulaski/Lighthouse neighborhood, as well as the Marvintown, and Lakeside neighborhoods. This year, they will add locations within Erie’s East Bayfront area. Each neighborhood will be slated for a 2-3 block area, one-week large-scale clean sweep community project. LYB will partner with neighborhood organizations, volunteers, and with city departments to complete the projects.
Some of the repair projects may include:
- New handrails
- Updating house numbers
- Installing new mailboxes
- Painting front porches, doors, or shutters
- Improved or new landscaping
Check the LYB website for information on the program. For the latest updates, visit the LYB Facebook page. For more information or questions, residents and volunteers can contact the Love Your Block team at 814-870-1201 or email@example.com.