Here’s what you need to know about the Lights Over Lake Erie fireworks display, which is sponsored by the Erie-Western Pennsylvania Port Authority.
- Date: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Time: 10 p.m.
- Place: Dobbins Landing
- For more info: lightsoverlakeerie.com
- Dobbins Landing – in the area of the Bicentennial Tower – will be closed to vehicles from 7 a.m. on July 3 until 7 a.m. on July 4. Pedestrian access to Dobbins Landing will be restricted in some areas during this period.
- No parking on these streets from 4 p.m. to midnight on July 3:
- East Front Street from Holland Street to Ash Street (north side only)
- West Second Street from State Street to Cascade Street (north side)
- West Front Street from Myrtle Street to Walnut Street (north side)
- Short Street from Myrtle Street to Walnut Street (north side)
- Wolverine Drive from the Bayfront Convention Center to Wolverine Park (north side)
- Liberty Street from West Fourth Street to Front Street (both boulevard sides)
- Sassafras Street from Front Street to West Fourth Street (east side)
- Water Works Road (both sides)
- Sassafras Street at Front Street (both sides)
Free Erie Parking Authority garages in downtown Erie from 4 p.m. to midnight on July 3:
- West Seventh and Peach streets (117 W. Seventh St.; enter on Peach Street)
- West Eighth and Peach streets (140 W. Ninth St.)
- East Eighth and French streets (24 E. Eighth St.)
Free EMTA shuttle bus service from 8 p.m. to midnight on July 3:
- East side of Perry Square along French Street
- West side of Perry Square along Peach Street
- Intermodal Transportation Center, 208 E. Bayfront Parkway
- Lincoln Park-n-Ride, Lincoln Avenue and the Bayfront Parkway
- Liberty Park-n-Ride, Liberty Park, 828 W. Bayfront Parkway
- Dobbins Landing, including the area south of the Bicentennial Tower and the public access walkways on East and West Dobbins Landing.
- Public areas along the bayfront, including the walkways on the Sassafras Pier (next to the Bayfront Convention Center) and the area at the foot of Holland Street.
- The bluffs along East and West Front streets, including Bayview Park on West Second Street, between Cherry and Walnut streets.
- Presque Isle State Park, particularly the portion of the park from the East and West piers east to Perry Monument.