Celebrate Independence Day with fireworks on Erie’s historic Bayfront!
The City of Erie is proud to continue this tradition with Lights Over Lake Erie on Monday, July 3, beginning at 10 p.m.
The fireworks will be launched from the Bicentennial Tower at Dobbins Landing, and viewable from points along the Bayfront.
Read on for parking recommendations, the best fireworks watching spots and frequently asked questions with our complete guide to Lights Over Lake Erie!
- If you plan on viewing the fireworks from Dobbins Landing, we strongly recommend parking south of the Bayfront Parkway, and then making your way to your preferred viewing area on foot. Street and ramp parking is available downtown. Public use of UMPC Hamot parking ramps will not be permitted, due to hospital needs.
- Do not plan on parking in the public parking areas in or around Dobbins Landing. Large crowds are expected, and portions of the street and parking lots will be closed.
- Free parking will be available in the following Erie Parking Authority garages:
- West Seventh and Peach streets (712 Peach St.)
- West Eighth and Peach streets (140 W. Ninth St.)
- West Eighth and French streets (24 E. Eighth St.
PRIME VIEWING LOCATIONS
…including the area south of the Bicentennial Tower and the public access walkways on East and West Dobbins Landing
PUBLIC AREAS ALONG THE WATERFRONT
…including the walkways on the Sassafras Pier (next to the convention center) and the area at the foot of Holland Street
…along East and West Front Streets, including Bayview Park on West Second Street (between Cherry and Walnut)
PRESQUE ISLE STATE PARK
…particularly the portion of the park from the West and East piers east to Perry Monument
EMTA SHUTTLE SERVICE
EMTA will be providing shuttle service to Dobbins Landing from 8 p.m. to midnight for people with disabilities and transportation needs. The trolley will make a loop and stop at the following locations:
- East side of Perry Square along French Street
- West side of Perry Square along Peach Street
- Dobbins Landing
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can the fireworks be seen from Liberty Park?
Keep in mind that Liberty Park is more than a mile away from Dobbins Landing, and there are some obstructions in the line of sight. Weather conditions may also affect the view.
Are boats allowed on the bay during the fireworks?
Boats will be allowed on the bay, but the Coast Guard will be enforcing a safety radius around Dobbins Landing that boats will not be permitted to enter.
Will there be music for the fireworks show?
Yes! Star 104 will be broadcasting synchronized music tracks during the show on location at the tower and at Liberty Park. This music will also be available on the air for anyone to access at 103.7FM.
How long will the show be?
The fireworks show will begin at 10 p.m., and last approximately 15 minutes.
Will there be food or concessions?
There are no food or concession vendors at Lights Over Lake Erie. There are a number of local bars and restaurants in the firework viewing area, though.
How much traffic will there be?
Expect a large amount of people and cars along the Bayfront on July 3. Please be patient and use caution when arriving and departing the Bayfront Parkway and other viewing locations.
A special thank you to all of our sponsors who are making this event possible.
Shoot us a quick email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.